Pepper Jelly & Cream Cheese Bites
When you’re really hungry, you don’t have time to prep and cook a whole bunch of different ingredients for a long, complex recipe. You just need foodnow!
Likewise, when you have famished friends or family members coming over, you need recipes that are quick and easy to make. Luckily, we here at Grandma Jones’Pepper Jelly have just the thing for you: pepper jelly & cream cheese bites!
With just a few ingredients and not a lot of work, you can have a unique, satisfying, and utterly delicious snack ready to go at a moment’s notice. Just follow these simple directions below and you’ll be well on your way to sweet ‘n’ spicy goodness.
How to Make Pepper Jelly & Cream Cheese Bites
For this recipe, we recommend buying some canned puff pastry from the store, but you can also make your own. Simply mix flour and butter in a food processor, then flatten the resulting dough with a rolling pin, before finally folding it into thin layers.
The biggest deciding factor of how your cream cheese bites will taste when finished is what flavor of pepper jelly you choose. Fortunately, it’s easy to use multiple varieties to ensure your cream cheese bites please all palates.
You can’t make cream cheese bites without cream cheese, of course. Although you could use cream cheese right out of the fridge, it’s a good idea to let it sit out for a few minutes before you get started. This will make it softer and easier to work with.
- Lay your puff pastry dough out on a floured surface. If frozen, wait for it to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal-sized squares.
- Spritz a muffin tin with some non-stick cooking spray, then place one square of done inside each muffin cup. Gently press each square into place.
- Bake the dough in a 400-degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Because of how puff pastry expands when baked, you may have to use a spoon to push them back down into the tin cups a little.
- Spoon as much cream cheese and pepper jelly as desired onto each pastry square.
- Put the tray back in the oven for another 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the tray and let the bites cool until room temperature. Serve and enjoy!
Discover More Tasty Recipes with Pepper Jelly
Whether you need hors d'oeuvres for a big party, some appetizers for family dinner, or just a snack for a lazy Saturday afternoon, these pepper jelly & cream cheese bites are sure to be a hit. Once you try them, we know you’ll never want your kitchen to be without pepper jelly ever again.Are you having trouble findingwhere to buy pepper jelly? Good news! You can get Grandma Jones’ Pepper Jelly shipped right to your door. There are many, many,many more exciting recipes to try using pepper jelly, so order some today and get started.