|| 1 hour 20 minutes
- 10 oz. - lean ground beef
- 7 Tbs - butter
- 2 cloves - minced garlic
- 1/4 cup - onion, finely chopped
- 1 - carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup - chopped prosciutto
- 1 strip - lemon peel
- 1/8 tsp - ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbs - tomato puree
- 1 + 1/4 cup - water
- 1 cup - concentrated stock or broth
- 1 Tbs - Traditional Pepper Jam
- 2 Tbs - heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the onion and carrot and sauté.
- Add the ground beef and brown well.
- Add the tomato puree, prosciutto, concentrated stock or broth and Traditional PepperJam.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- When sauce has reduced by 1/2, add the lemon peel and nutmeg; slowly stir in the cream.
- Serve over pasta..